Monday, August 15, 2011

Viva la small square stuff!

Remember how I said I was going to make fish lanterns? Well, those aren't going very well. They're not going at all, actually. So I've been working on some more tile/plates while I mull over the lantern problem. They're basically 3D versions of the motifs I've been painting. Plus, you can put cookies on them.

Here's the bluegill tile I was working on last week. The plants have not flaked off. Yay! It's 10 inches square.

Here's a small 6-incher I've dubbed "Night Fliers." Those will be fireflies and a luna moth.

This frog tile is 8 inches. If you look closely, you'll see a stinkbug on the lower right. I'm looking forward to using many different green glazes on it!

And this turtle tile is 10 inches. I'll clean up the plant stems once the slip dries a little. I plan to use a fabulous pink glaze on the flowers. It's called "Brilliant Sunburn."



No comments:

Post a Comment