Saturday, August 13, 2011

Painting a pitcher

It took several tries before I had the snake where I wanted it...

...he needed to curve over the handle and around to the other side.

Here's the finished pitcher, almost ready for the glaze firing.




A toad has been living in the pottery studio for the last couple of weeks. I tried to catch him last weekend, but he was having none of that! A pottery studio is no place for an amphibian. Be safe, little toad.

Look: I have a new underglaze color. Light pink! I hope it doesn't burn out... I probably should have tested it first.

Here's the finished big fish bowl. I'm really happy with the outside, but I applied the glaze too thickly on the inside. It got a little cloudy and pin-holey. Thhhbbbpppt! Stupid pottery.

Looks great in the photo, though.

1 comment:

  1. Love the step-by-step pitcher photos!!
    Sorry about the large bowl - i think it still looks great though!

    ReplyDelete