Monday, August 8, 2011

I wanna make small sqaure pieces too!

I love love love the small multi-media paintings Erin has been working on! I want to make some little square pieces too! Plus, I really enjoyed making those tiles for BayArts' fundraiser earlier this summer...

Can you guess what it'll be?

Bingo!

I've been dying to try this... An artist at the Cain Park Art Fair said she used cake decorating tips and bags to apply slip.

I used a writing tip to lay down stems and leaves...

Then I kind of flattened them down with my finger to help them "stick" and make them look leafy.

Hmm... Needs more fish. I hope the slip doesn't flake off as the piece dries. I have it covered really tightly, so hopefully moisture content will even out between the plate and the slip.

So is it a tile or is it a plate? Yes.

2 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea! Oooo i can't wait to try it myself this fall....

    Haha love "So is it a tile or is it a plate? Yes. "
    hee hee hee


    Hooray for small square stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The disposable icing bag did NOT like the brown clay slip! Too much sharp grog. By the end, it had sprung dozens of leaks!

    ReplyDelete