Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Dark Wings, Dark Words

Why is a Raven like a Writing Desk?


Poe wrote on both! hee hee hee

This bird requires a bit of an explanation...  Lately I've become engrossed in the "a Song of Ice and Fire" Series by George R. R. Martin and am halfway through the third book now. I LOVE these books. Like all of my past obsessions, I will do all I can to absorb the subject until I burn myself out on it. (I often do this with artwork, that's why I use so many different mediums!)  On the fictional continent of Westeros where most of the story takes place, Ravens are used as a sort of postal service for the noble houses.  Since the book is on my mind a lot, so its no big surprise that the black bird would end up here. Besides, they are fun to draw!!

Here is another black(ish) bird:


Stay tuned to see where these drawings will end up!

1 comment:

  1. I think charcoal is the perfect medium for crows and their relatives!

    ReplyDelete