Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Keeping it loose

Newest small good things:


Please click to see larger


I am really enjoying playing it loose with the watercolor and colored pencil. These feel very fresh and are satisfying to bang out. It's nice to paint with no pressure! And honestly, I have almost a year until the show and can afford to be a little more experimental.

The woman in the sketchbook is my dear friend Emily whom I made pose in the snow this February as I pranced about with my camera. Thanks again Emily!


On Sunday my boyfriend Ron and I stopped in to the Cleveland Museum of Art for a quick visit. If you haven't been, the museum is internationally recognized and is absolutely free. A true local gem! Its almost criminal not to visit on a regular basis. Even though the collection is somewhat limited as the museum is undergoing renovations, there is still plenty to see and what is displayed is magnificent ... though I pretty much stick to the same few rooms .... the ones with the 19th century European paintings....  Here are a few of my favorites (while keeping Small Good Things in mind):





Never really noticed this one before, but with Small Good Things it takes on a whole new meaning.




Anyway, be sure to check out the museum website, as images of much of the collection is archived there.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Emily! She looks so cold. Nice butterflies: I'm thinking about making lanterns with moth designs.

    ReplyDelete