Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Twisted spouts and finished pike bowl

So the pike bowl has some minor pin holing on the interior glaze, but otherwise it's a nice piece!

Yesterday I asked The Google why my turtle teapot spout twisted, and it replied that spouts always twist. I did not know that. Apparently, mine will always twist clockwise to varying degrees since I turn the wheel counter-clockwise when I throw. The solution is to cut the spout crooked to correct for the eventual twist. I'll have to try that on turtle teapot number 2 (coming soon).

4 comments:

  1. Wow thats crazy to think about! And for some reason, very zen. haha

    Pike looks great btw. :)
    Think I'm going to start adding beeswax to my crayfish tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fascinating! Kind of like when you have to correct for a hook in golf! And I just love the pike bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting tidbit...wonder if that will ever be a trivia question/answer...The bowl is amazing.

    ReplyDelete