Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

Some thrown components for new serving pieces. The bowls on the right will become a tureen, and that's a spout, pitcher body, and handle on the left and in the back.

The pitcher body is a lot straighter than I wanted: I was trying for something more elegant. So I decided to cut a triangular "slice" from the back of the pitcher and squash it back together. That small pot on the left in the first photo becomes the spout.

Kool-aid, anyone? "Oh yeah!"

I'm not crazy about the tureen. I think the lid is too tall... looks like a flying saucer. I'll throw another lid and see if I like it better.

More mugs, with freshly trimmed bottoms...

I want to make some wall pieces. I thought fish lanterns would be interesting... Here's the first one in progress.

It's completely hollow. I temporarily stuff the body with newspapers as it dries.

Wait... wasn't this supposed to be a lantern? I'm still trying to work out the logistics... Reminds me of a taxidermied singing fish.

Am I right?

No comments:

Post a Comment