Sunday, June 12, 2011

Little Landscape

Sue and I are participating in a group show of 500 small artworks, profits from which will benefit the wonderful the BayArts center which we call home. I decided to create landscapes for the show, since its a great way to practice for the larger natural pieces that I will make for  "Small Good Things." Here is my first landscape attempt:

Oil paint on a coral-colored toned canvas

This little painting took about 2 hours start to finish. Surprisingly, I had a good time painting it! I consider myself more of a figurative painter and have never really attempted landscape before (other than a few plein-air workshops). It simply wasn't very interesting to me. However, this was fun! Not too boring at all once you get into the thick of it. I think I'll do more...

1 comment: