Friday, May 13, 2011

Hey lady, get off my lawn!

I took a stroll to look at flowering weeds in people's yards on Tuesday... Unfortunately, many of the best lawns had been recently mowed. But I did have good luck at Bain Park.

Hello, Ant! Or, I wish I had a macro lens.


So many different types of pretty flowers... It's a shame they're considered weeds. I'm excited to paint them on some plates!

The brown dotted ware is still alive and well. This tea set is in the kiln this very minute. I'll post a photo of the finished work tomorrow.

Here's a recently thrown tureen and ladle. They'll be part of the dotted set.

Turtles! I just learned from the Google that a group of turtles is called a "bale of turtles."

BayArts is having a fundraiser for its education programs on July 1st, where 500 8 inch by 8 inch pieces will be displayed for sale. I'm going to make some sculptural tiles. Here's the first one... They'll be good practice for my ambitious birdbath project!

No comments:

Post a Comment