Sunday, January 30, 2011

Emily in Progress

Been working on this painting of Emily for the past two days. Almost done!

In Progress...
Almost finished. At this point, I want to let it dry for a while before I add the final touches.
Messy Pallet!

What a bummer - it's so pretty!
On a side note, I'm thoroughly disappointed at these new "Van Gogh" brand oil paints I bought to try. They were a lot cheaper than my customary Wisor Newtons, and like a fool, I fell for them. They simply do not have the heft and pigment level to complete with my thicker Newtons, and get completely lost when I use them together. Its a shame, since I do love that orange.

I have to say that the prussian blue is actually ok, but maybe only because those blues are usually dominating anyway.






Check back in a bit to see the painting totally finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment