Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Snake platter and day tripping

The Snake and the Turtle (platter)

It's for our group show in May 2013: "Garden Art." It's not like I haven't been making garden themed pieces for the last two years! Snake-related pieces generally don't sell, but I love making them. Do snakes eat turtles? Yes, if the snake is very large and the turtle is very small.

I visited the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo last week. The grounds have some beautiful plantings and sculptures, but this guy really startled me!

Bronze monkey sculpture at the Cleveland Zoo
I also visited Schoepfle Garden in Lorain County (part of their metropark system). Check this out: it's a climber, shaped like a flute! It can be found in the children's garden.

Flute-a-pillar climber at Schoepfle Garden


No comments:

Post a Comment