Monday, January 9, 2012

Minor details

So I'm almost finished with wetwork: here's the final fish lantern. I still have some glazing to do, but not too much.

I've got boxes and boxes of pottery. A couple of weeks ago, I culled the unsuccessful pieces (see below).

My main issue was with glaze pin-holing. And some of the bird plates are ugly. And the tureen's lid doesn't fit. Maybe I'd better make another tureen.

I've started gathering display props:

These plate stands are great: they can even hold bowls.

I found stands in 3 different heights for the birdbaths.

These plate hangers were on clearance for $1.97 each!

I found some wooden boxes that can be used as risers or mounted on the wall. I bought some plastic risers also.

We'll need greenery! Lucky for us, I have a lot of pet plants. Hopefully the weather will be warm enough to transport a couple of them.

Gotta wear something green and handmade to the opening.

And we'll need lots of cookies. God bless freezers.

No comments:

Post a Comment