Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I wish I had more fish

Here are the latest finished fish lanterns. The one on the right was made with white clay. The "chun" glaze turned out much more red than it does on brown clay.

Hi turtles!

Some new dotted ware...

...with more on deck.

I decided to try something new when I glazed the small bird plates. Usually, I would put a couple of sticks across a pan, invert the plate on them, and pour glaze over the back. It works okay, but messes up the plate's rim.

This time, I tried setting the plates on top of a small plastic bowl and pouring the glaze over them.

It worked okay... Slightly better than using sticks. I'll probably do the same thing next time.

At the end of the day, I took some trash out to the dumpster... Someone already had dibs on it.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! Surprise raccoon! Hmm... haven't painted one of those yet...

    everything looks amazing as always. I am determined to own one of those fish lanterns!

    ReplyDelete