Monday, July 18, 2011

Wonderful weekend

I worked like crazy over the weekend... Here's the cream and sugar set, ready for the bisque kiln. It'll be part of the dotted dish set.

I trimmed up some dinner plates. Plates aren't my strong suit, but these ones aren't bad. They're nicely balanced.

Here are their bottoms. They're more like super-shallow bowls, really.

And here's the fourth plate. After firing, they should be about 10 inches in diameter. I'm going to paint medium-sized birds on them. I'm thinking a blue jay, a yellow-shafted flicker, possibly a mockingbird (there was one downtown earlier this month, but a co-worker insists it was a brown thrasher), and maybe a belted kingfisher. My underglaze palette is limited (only about 20 colors) so I have to choose my species wisely!

I glazed the last of the fish cups...

I hope I did a good job!

And I glazed some dotted mugs. My wax really let me down! Usually, the glaze will bead right off of it, but in this case I had to wipe off each and every dot with a sponge.

All better, but it took forever.

If these don't turn out, I want my Sunday afternoon refunded.

No comments:

Post a Comment